What are the benefits of modular office buildings?
Modular buildings are prefabricated buildings or houses that consist of repeated sections called modules. "Modular" is a relatively new construction method that involves constructing sections away from the building site, then delivering them to the intended site. Installation of the prefabricated sections is completed on site.
Modular office buildings are getting more and more popular nowadays. Not only are they user-friendly and energy efficient, they are also quick to build. Construction process of modular office buildings begins in a plant, where most of parts are manufactured before everything is brought to the site, where the actual building will stand. Once on site, modular office building can be assembled within days. Time that takes to build a modular office building is up to 40% shorter than time needed for building a stick build office building.
Portable building panels are made from high-quality materials and are produced in-house, where third party quality control is present to ensure high quality of modular office buildings. This is turn guarantees long life span of modular office buildings.
Eco-friendly nature and easy transportation of modular office buildings
Modular office buildings are considered eco-friendly for a number of reasons. Firstly, all materials are pre-measured to eliminate any waste. Secondly, since construction time is reduced, there is less environmental pollution due to transportation. Site disruption is also reduced, and since these temporary buildings are almost 100 percent reusable, the impact on nature is very limited. In addition, modular office buildings are highly energy efficient, enabling short cool down and heat up periods and allowing you to spend very little to keep the elements at bay.
There are a few steps you can follow to make your modular office building even greener:
- sustainable building materials (like recycled glass and steel, as well as renewable materials like bamboo and rubber) can be used;
- energy-efficient windows and doors can be installed;
- lower volatile organic compounds paints and stains can be used;
- green roof systems can be constructed;
- water harvesting and purification systems can be added;
- renewable energy to power the building can be used.
With the “green design” of modular office building, your workers will be healthier and happier. Employees that work in green buildings report fewer headaches, as well as improvements in asthma and allergy symptoms. Moreover, energy costs are lowered with the “green” design of modular office building. Additionally, there is a greater likelihood a green building will sell for more money than a standard building.
New design trends of modular office buildings
Modern arhitekture is quite different from one we know from past years. New trends are also being implemented in the area of commercial office supply. Architects are trying to design cozy and spacious working areas that would help employees to relax and think creatively. Thus, new designs have been implemented:
- Casual spaces for individual work are created, because more employees are getting used to being productive at places besides their desk. Therefore, growing number of offices are incorporating libraries, cafes, and lounges meant for solo work. Ideally, they're strategically placed as destinations, instead of along thoroughfares, to minimize distraction.
- Collaboration is great-and often also necessary-but it doesn't always bode well for those trying to do work on their own. To that end, more companies are trying to control the way sound travels throughout their digs by adding carpeting to areas that have traditionally remained bare, like corridors, is one solution. and plants can help absorb some ambient sound.
- Offices are designed in totally different ways nowadays. Long rows of desks became boring. Therefore, the monotony with seating areas or meeting spaces.
- Most employees want to feel a sense of purpose when it comes to their job. Thus, visual reminders of why employees come to work every day are added to the offices; such as wall art, furniture, decor, and signage, moreover, commercial office supply is somehow more home-like, but still modern and long-lasting.